I have been injured In a car accident, now what?

If your injury was caused by another driver, call our office immediately. We can assist you in obtaining information regarding the other driver and filing a claim with his or her insurance company. Additionally, we can help guide you through the steps necessary to resolve your claim, whether by settlement or through litigation. Most importantly: DON'T WAIT. Excessive delay between the accident and filing a claim with the insurance company could hurt your case!

Should I hire an attorney to help with my auto accident?

While it is true that you can settle your claim against another driver without involving an attorney, you should consider consulting an attorney if you were injured in the accident or are unsure as to the extent of your injuries. Our office can help navigate the confusing road from filing a claim to resolving your case. In our experience, most individuals simply do not know what they might be entitled to after an accident.

What is my case worth?

Every case is different, and your recovery will depend largely on the other party's liability, your damages, and a slew of other factors. There is no simple formula to apply in every situation. Schedule an appointment with our office to discuss the different issues of your case that could impact its value.

I have been arrested, now what?

Call our office immediately. You can expect to be presented before a judge for arraignment. Depending on the nature of the charged offense, your previous contacts with law enforcement, and other factors, you may or may not receive bail. Whether you have been charged with driving under the influence, possession of a controlled substance, or any crime, we can help provide an effective and zealous defense.

I want a divorce, where do I begin?

Divorce, like other litigation, is initiated with a pleading filed with the Court. However, divorce is often an incredibly difficult decision to make and has a greater emotional impact than other cases. A divorce can mean the resolution of some domestic issues and the creation of others. Do you have property you own with you spouse? Do you know what arrangements you would like regarding your children? Are you and your spouse separating amicably, or will there be contested issues? Contact us to discuss how we can help make the process easier for you.

Where do you practice?

Sean R. Doherty is admitted to the state bars of Massachusetts and Rhode Island, as well as the United States District Courts for the Districts of Massachusetts and Rhode Island. A majority of cases tend to come from Rhode Island and southeastern Massachusetts, but Attorney Doherty accepts cases throughout both states. In some exceptional circumstances, Attorney Doherty has been admitted to practice pro hac vice alongside local counsel in other jurisdictions across the country. If you have a question about whether this office can represent you, call and schedule an appointment!

Do you handle types of cases noT listed on your areas of practice page?

Absolutely. Our Areas of Practice page lists a number of the most common types of cases which our clients face. The list is not exclusive, and we are more than happy to offer a free consultation to anyone who may need our representation.

This is a compilation of some of the most common queries we receive at our office with some very brief responses. These are generalized responses and may not apply to your situation. Please call us now for a FREE consultation.